WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the storage of your device (e.g. smartphone or other electronic device), if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s storage.
Once cookies are stored on your device’s storage, they help analyse website traffic or let us know when you visit a particular feature on our Website. Cookies allow websites to respond to you as an individual and help us provide you with a better website.
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR COOKIES?
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You are able to manage your preferences concerning what cookies are collected by our Website by selecting “change your consent” on entry via the pop-up banner.
If you have any concerns with the cookies collected on our Website, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to register and log into secure areas of our Website;
- Session cookies – these allow our Website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards;
- Analytical or performance cookies – these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- Functionality cookies – these are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region); and
- Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR COOKIES?
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR COOKIES FOR?
Some cookies, called “session cookies“, remain on your computer only while your browser is open, and are automatically deleted once you close your browser. Other cookies, called “permanent cookies“, remain on your computer or mobile device after the browser is closed.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us please send an email to: email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy was published in January 2022.
We may change this policy from time to time without notice, effective immediately upon posting on the Website. Please therefore check this page of the Website periodically and carefully review any changes made.
You are able to manage your preferences concerning what cookies are collected by our Website by selecting “change your consent” on entry via the pop-up banner should you disagree with any changes to this policy.